I thought using an s-910 would hold me over till I see and play the Pa3x, but the main feature I require in a portable keyboard (loud, clean speakers)is MISSING. The speakers in this unit are so much softer and weaker than the PA800, I really can't hear squat in a club setting.

My objective has always been to hear the entire mix in my face and then, send an appropriate level to the house system, whatever that may be. (Usually my Bose) Right now, the sound is good, but I may as well have a silent slab and cart a monitor around. This is a drag - I've had that powerful monitor in my face for 20+ years now, and this keyboard's sound system just doesn't cut it. I'm forced to go to a separate monitor for my vocals, and I didn't want to have to do that.

As a singer, we need to hear very well on stage so we can adjust pitch, blend, harmony and a host of other parameters. Most of my work is in smaller venues, and the overall level is not that loud, but the vocals still need to be in my face for my highest comfort level. Monitoring through the house is fine in some places, but when the house has to come down lower than a certain number ... then my vocals get lost in the din of the room. I can't have that.

I'm not ripping the Yamaha - the sounds and patterns are good, and I knew the mic input was substandard when I bought it. I just thought that with a high quality outboard unit (TC voice live touch), I could pump it into the on board speakers and go right to work. No can do. In fact - the line inputs are not strong enough to handle the output of the TC unit, so I have to go into the mic preamp....and that's not the best case scenario.

I'm venting here ... not looking for answers, cause there are none.I just wanted to share a bit of my summer with the singers here.

On the bright side of summer - we had a professional photo shoot for my Mom's 80th birthday and here are my 4 beautiful adults! (not kids anymore!) I can't wait to see the real shot where they are looking at the camera - I took this with my phone.

Attachments
IMG_0040.jpg