I was not going to join this discussion but because my name has been mentioned in the posts figured I should speak for myself. I think if you read all my posts here you will find I did not knock the BK-7M but reported things I found that were either really hard to do on the module or that I did not understand and was asking Roland users for ideas. I used the module on 2 gigs and actually did NOT find it hard to use once everything was setup properly. My controller is a Roland A-800 Pro which is Roland's TOTL controller for now. A former member here named John along with Bill Grosse from another forum helped me get the controller setup properly. I have stated from the beginning that I am a real newbie with midi and my learning curve was a straight line up!!

I sold the BK-7M for the following reasons:
1. I found it added to rather than lessened my setup time on gigs
2. Most of the assigned OTS voices, which can't be changed then saved, were not to my liking and frankly did not fit well the style they were assigned to.
3. It was very time consuming doing just the very simple things on it - even after you learned how. For example, to simply audition styles and delete those not wanted you had to copy the styles onto a computer, play the style on the module, but delete the style from the copy on a computer, then reload everything back onto the thumb drive. What idiot designed that part of the OS???

So folks, I owned one, used one on two gigs, spent hours and hours learning to use it properly, setup about 100 songs on one, but still decided to sell it. I found the OS to be very hard to use and not finished. It has many bugs reported by users all over the world - check the BK-7M users group and the Roland Arranger BK-7M forum. I believe Roland rushed the product to market in order to announce it at NAMM. There is not an editor program available, that works, for the thing so everything must be done on the module. One of the owners makes adjustments to styles on his E50 then transfers them to the BK-7M - what kind of a deal is that? Not everyone who buys the module has another Roland keyboard to use as an editor.

Just my thoughts.
Deane

Edited by hammer (06/24/11 05:45 AM)