Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: DonM
You have not used the module, don't own the module and are only interested in pushing Yamahas, yet once again, you have to inject your opinion in a thread that really shouldn't concern you, so you can tell us AGAIN how wonderful the Yamahas are.
We KNOW that. You have made your point literally hundreds, if not thousands of times. Could we have ONE thread where you don't tell us again?
It is not an arranger keyboard. For anyway looking for an arranger keyboard, look elsewhere.
I remember why I haven't been posting.
It's the same old BS.
DonM

Sorry pal, you are way off base, once again.

I had three clients that owned the module, and they returned/sold it to buy something much, much easier to use.

Roland is actually doing Yamaha (and Korg) a big favor with this product.

I have the same posting rights as you regarding this forum. You left this forum under your own steam, and by your own rules...anyone else that you feel has been "driven away", has either been rightly banned by Nigel, or has left due to their own issues.

If my posts bother you, there is an "ignore" function that allows you to do just that; ignore my posts.

I suggest that you either start using it, or stop accusing me of something that everyone does on this forum, and that is to promote the products they feel are worth buying.

I would not recommend the BK-7M, partly due to your reactions to the product, and also because of the experiences of several other professional entertainers on this forum, who wisely returned it, rather than try to make it work for their needs.

And, yes, Yamaha's are wonderful arrangers...I highly recommend them.

But, I will not recommend a product that has seen so many dissatisfied users.

If you wish to do that, go ahead...it's your integrity on the line, not mine.

Ian

Ian , sometimes I swear you wear blinders.. smile

I am sure Roland will do well with the BK-7m, folks that have experience with modules will have no trouble using this module ..The folks that have had problems (those mentioned above)..are basing decisions on user error and poor compatible instruments to acheive their desired results..Yes that includes UD...the problem was the Nord.....and My guess Deane had problems due to lack of experience with the controller he tried....To rule this unit as a failure via SZ comments is rediculous...it is not the total picture..There are by a large margin..favorable users here over the few "returnees"...

I decided to pass on the BK module because I wanted it for very specific needs, and it could not deliver those needs without an additional piece of hardware (Monitor)......The features that it has...it does well...and will compete with just about all other instruments in sound....Some features like the make up tools , surpass most other instruments......and bang for the buck..it succeeds again...

To tout the Yamaha boards, stating there are no disappointed ex users..is not accurate...Within the same posts here,,,,there are a few names already listed that have owned and played Yamaha keyboards, and were not pleased...so much..they sold them off.....DonM has had many..I have owned PSR 2100's and a Tyros3...and even Uncle Dave gave up on PSR 2000, PSR 3000, 9000 Pro, and Tyros.....I believe all three of us thought the quality was sub par, and keyfeel (and size)was not acceptable....So you can see there are unhappy campers across the board...not just 2 or 3 BK users...

Nothing wrong with mentioning your favorite keyboard..but remember that is your opinion....and making blanket opinions on other instruments without any experience with the unit..is just nonsense.. smile

Edited by Fran Carango (06/23/11 08:24 PM)