I'm a direct dealer for Mackie, FBT, RCF, HK Audio, and Yamaha. I also sell indirectly QSC, EV. It's very hard to put speakers in a best to worst list because everyone perceives sounds differently.

I have found that line arrays like Bose and HK Elements are more pleasing to me since the sound is evenly distributed with out major hot spots that convential speakers bring.

On the flip side, conventional format speakers have that ability for impact sound and a certain position, which I also desire.

As for powered speakers go, my opinion which I'm sure once you've heard as many as I have, FBT is probably the best sounding overall, with bass impact, hi freq, eqing, and portability, but that kind of quality and boutique sound is followed by a very high price tag, " you get what you pay for "

I also feel the RCFs ( of course depends on which series you are talking about ) QSC K-series, Yamaha DSRs are in the best of the mid to hi level speakers, rcf and qsc for their small footprint and great sound, the Yamaha DSRs are actually wood boxes with 2" horns that sound amazing, but have a bigger foot print.

I think Mackie needs to re-work their line, the Thump series for the money is great. but their other stuff is beaten by the above companies.

my 2 cents