Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I've found the easiest way of doing this, at least for me, is via a combination of features, Music Finder Directory and Registrations

Ditto +1 cool
I utilize several custom self-created MFD database files each geared specifically for different venues. I basically started with the MFD included in the keyboard and then use Michael Bedesem's "MusicFinder View" to remove the songs I would never play, and create new song records that I actually 'do' play. My master MFD song list includes approx 1800 songs, some with alternate styles linked to them depending on the venue. I also utilize custom REGS for a few hundred of the songs that I'd consider my core repertoire and/or songs that require more custom settings that require REG stored settings & features: chords/lyrics file display, tempo change within a song, key modulation, medleys, etc. As Gar said: "Lots of options to chose from". smile

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Scott, Doesn't it depend on what type of event your playing at?

Yes, but all the songs I included in my above list I'm able to play at any of my gigs, from NH, cocktail lounge hour, wedding events and mixed age group parties too. I'd obviously add a few more older chestnuts and more current hits for a younger crowd, and more dance tunes for a party event, but I think the songs in my list are pretty much cross generational, and can be easily altered to suit the venue & age group by simply utilizing a different style, groove and/or tempo. For example for a senior crowd or early evening cocktail lounge setting, I play "Sunny" as a laid back bossa, but later in the evening when the younger folks hit the dance floor, I'll bring up the tempo and switch to a disco-trance beat. I love the flexibility our auto-accompaniment arrangers offer.

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I'd love to see your lists tailored for each different venue.
Ok, in addition to the above songs here are a few more my audiences enjoy, many of which the song arrangement can be tailored to the venue:

Baby Face (trad swing for NH, and disco style for dance crowd)

Making Whoopee (essential wedding gig novelty tune)

Top Hat White Tie and Tails (great for cocktail hour)

Misty (another cocktail hour staple)

Up, Up and Away: (a 1960's Jimmy Web tune which has got some great chords) of which I'm working on as a big band style arrangement.

Hawaiian Song Medley:
Pearly Shells, Sweet Leilani, Lovely Hula Hands, Little Grass Shack; Tiny Bubbles, Hawaiian Wedding Song, etc.
The older ladies esp appreciate this to fulfill their Don Ho fantasy grin

Artist Medleys:
Sinatra, Elvis, Hank Williams etc.

Outdoor Party Events:
Abracadabra; Rockin' Robin; Brown Eyed Girl; Green Onions; Sleepwalk; Mercy Mercy Mercy; Groovin; Stuck In The Middle With You;
Under The Boardwalk, Save The Last Dance For Me; CCR Medley

Novelty Fun:
Beer Barrel Polka Medley; Mr. Sandman; You're 16; These Boots Are Made For Walking

Contemporary Pop:
I'm Yours; Bubbly; You're Beautiful; Earth Song
I won't hesitate to include any of these tunes even at a NH venue as not only does the staff appreciate it, but the residents themselves also seem to enjoy it as keeps them feeling young and up to date with the current music. Interestingly enough, it's often now NH/Senior Care facility residents themselves that I get requested to play one of these.

I'm now looking forward to hearing about what songs others here are including in their current repertoire including specific gig venue(s) cool