Re: Yamaha Freestyle Performance Contest

I'm not publicly endorsing any one contestant as each is uniquely talented cool , but I've been following the results of the voting each day and notice that the 'percentage totals' change, sometimes greatly, each day, and by the hour as well, so I'm curious just how they're tabulated. I'm also aware that everybody qualified to vote (USA residents who register on Yamaha Easy Pass) can vote up to 5 times daily.

Are the percentages displayed 'up to the minute' totals of each 24 hour period (12am-11:59pm), or the up to the minute cumulative total of the entire 7 day round (currently semi final)?

Because the percentages are swinging so wildly between all contestants with one contestant substantially ahead in the lead one minute and then trailing behind all the others a few hours later, it appears the winner may be more determined on how many friends and people contestants can garner to vote for them, than the merits of the actual performance.

I also notice that semi final contestant (finalist 9), Steven Gail, never competed in the 'quarter-final round' along with the other 7 quarter final contestants, but only appeared later to compete & beat out one contestant only, of who didn't make it to this semi-final round.

Can someone help clear up my confusion. Thanks. smile