Originally Posted By: Diki

BTW, if you could tweak Yamaha Tyros styles to CORRECTLY use MotifXS/XF Mega-voice sounds, you could have a product that would sell VERY well indeed. Lots of Motif owners wishing their WS could do arranging, too... wink

Sorry Diki, but this really cannot be achieved with any great success. Well, at least, I could not get it working to my satisfaction.

I owned a Motif rack Es, and a rack XS, and I tried doing just what you are suggesting using a Tyros 2 I owned for a while.

The results were "very average"....There is just something about the whole structure of the Tyros series, that just does not lend itself easily to mimicry!!

I could get excellent results pumping out from the PA1xPro I owned...But then, the PA does not have Mega or SA voices or the other "under the hood" programming data that is so much a part of Yamaha styles.

I guess if someone wanted to spend a week on converting just one style, then you could get a good useable result, but one week for one style??? Don't know about anyone else, but I have better things to do with my time