Originally Posted By: jazzhooves

. You HAVE TO have two speakers. One sounded awful to my ears - they did say a lot of tyros 4 owners use just one, but i'd argue that one.
As a pair for £1840 they are just stunning, but expensive. They make the Tyros 4 sound completely different again. Only with the Bose do you realise how false the MS speakers sound.

The compacts are good, but christ knows that the L1mkII will be just jaw droppingly amazing.

This forum is much better, not the bitching or nasty crap that takes place on Yamaha and other forums.

I totally agree...one speaker simply does not work for me either...I used the L1 Model I system in pairs (stereo) at a theatre/concert gig (on a Tyros3), and the sound was excellent...earlier in the store, I had tried one L1 Model I speaker (and sub) and it didn't sound too hot at all...again, this was using a Tyros3.

I also tried the Bose Compacts on the Tyros3 in the store (actually, in the warehouse), both singly and in stereo...again, big difference. impressive in pairs...really awful using only one.

The L1 Model II's should be, as you say, "jaw-dropping"...the L1 Model I's were pretty much that way to my ears.

Yes, much less bitching here than other forums...this place has actually improved both in the look and also in the way people are interacting, and although, once in a while, it can get a bit dicey Nigel has usually reprimands the culprit(s) early on, and things settle down quite nicely.

I'm looking forward to your PA3XPro review; I have a few on-line buddies that are very interested in Korg's next top of the line instrument.

Ian