Diki,
Yes, the PA2XPRO is basically the same EDS synh engine. KORG EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator: 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators – Filters with Resonance - Three band EQ for each track. RX tehnology etc. But it has less editing capabilites. And M3 sounds can not be imported (less FX ect. and the stucture is different) Also, I spent a day with a M3 ( I was thinking of adding a M3 module), it has the same problems with the same sounds as the PA2...go figure!
I really think the PA2 has a great sound engne, not a OASYS, or Kronos, but fine...the issue is Korg played it cheap and did not do the sound engineering the should have. Most of the poblems I have ARE in the samples. They need some new Freeking samples.
Once again, most people don't have as much of a problem with the sounds as I do.

Also, I have seen the guy that is the Korg PA...his demos indicate that he does not pay all that much attention to orchestral voicing, that's only based on his demo's.

Yes, I agree,why did they not make the new PA3X based on the sounds of the Kronos? Probably concern over competition with the Kronos, and more likely pure cost. It's cheaper to just do a upgrade of what you have (Hello Yamaha)VS a re-do from th ground up. Maybe next time.

FransN, If you watch all his dem's it's not the slow cheezy stuff only. Yes, I am older, 62, what do you think the average age of us arrnger players is? Just look at the poll that was done. Anyways the instrument can do any genre, not just the stuff I like. It's got some mean guitars too.
You do have to wander...why do we not find anyone playing the music like Solitare plays? Just search PA2XPRO on youtube. Almost all Middle Eastern music...why?

No doubt in my mind the Korg is a supeior PRO arranger overall. But, this time I'm going with sound quaity. We'll see if the PA3X measures up.