Originally Posted By: FransN

Why not Dance music? That's the music I like not that cheesy stuff. If this is the music you like you definitely must buy a Tyros 4.

Frans, I know where you are coming from , but I must admit, this example just sounds like someone from an older generation TRYING to play an up to date style... and not quite 'getting' it.

There are all KINDS of things on that, from the out of tempo attempt to use the 'stutter' sound (got to play that MUCH better in tempo!) to the weird loop panned off to one side, to the muddy tympani rolls and orchestral hits, that just scream 'old guy' wink

I simply feel that much of this music really isn't 'played' so much as 'DJ'd', and there already are many pieces of kit that do that kind of loop manipulation. I'm just not quite convinced that this is a piece of kit with a use, you know, at least for the older crowd. And younger kids into the style, they are using Ableton Live, Fruity Loops, and things like that (I don't think Ableton runs on the MS, does it? Be nice if it could) and may not be into the more traditional 'do it on a keyboard' approach. I mean, look at how most of the keyboards designed for the younger, dance and synth crowd have only tiny little 37 or 49 note keyboards! They aren't using them to PLAY, just trigger loops, make little bubbly synth noises, stuff like that.

Now, don't get me wrong. In the hands of someone SERIOUS, I bet the MS can do a really decent dance remix. But this sure isn't it!