Yesterday, my first few WK-7500s came into my store. After reading a few posts here at the synthzone I was a bit worried that this keyboard might not be all I was expecting.
I've only just begun to explore this new product but I think it's a genuine winner.............especially because it sells for only $499.00.

I will explain why I think this way.......First, 76 semi-weighted keys in a black keyboard with a really nice large easy to read display and enough buttons to navigate and clearly marked with white letters.......On the Privia models it is very hard to read the lettering.

I was concerned that the sounds wouldn't be up to what I thought they should be, but I realize that Casio took basically the sounds from the Privia PX-330 and added more additional sounds in this model. The Pianos, Electric Pianos, and Organs are really good. For those of you who like drawbars there are nine pull down drawbars, second and third percussion switches and a dedicated leslie fast and slow button. I happen to love the piano in the Privia PX330 and for me, if these pianos and organs were all the keyboard could do it would be a bargain at this price and only 19lbs and can even run on batteries............

But this is not all......What other $499.00 76 key keyboard can record 8 track styles from scratch.......NONE!

What other keyboard at this price can record an audio file for up to 13 minutes long from a midifile, a sound in the keyboard, a style played and with a connected microphone or other musical instrument for $499.00......NONE.

And then add a 17 track sequencer, complete sound editing, internal speakers which can be turned on and off (you don't need to use a headphone jack to turn off speakers), stereo outputs, USB, SD card, assignable footswitch jack, etc.

You can record patterns and songs in real time or step time. You can microscope edit tracks note by note. There is a chord sequencer which allows you to program 100 of your own chord sequences and you can save them with whatever sounds you would like to play over the sequence.

The styles are fine, not great and I think Casio can still do a better job when it comes to the samples they use for their ride and crash cymbals. But knowing I can make my own or edit theirs is a real plus. If you've heard the styles in the Privia PX330, I think these styles with the addition of dozens more sound very much the same. In the Privia I cannot change anything where on this new WK-7500 I can change the volumes, tones, effects, etc.

The brass, guitar and string sounds are good. Some are wonderful and some are just OK. I think the sax's are just OK. There not bad....but they aren't the Yamaha sounds like what you will find in the PSR710 or PSR910..........but again, this keybaord sells for $499.00, not $1000.00 or $1,700.00!

I want to get into the sequencers and the audio recording today. I have tried the pattern sequencer for recording styles and it works great. I haven't read the owners manual yet to see if it is clearly laid out. When I get a chance I will report back.

I just think for so many musicians wanting all the popular features of high end arrangers pushing into the $5,000.00 and up range, this Casio WK-7500 surely has a place in the arranger keyboard market!
(Retired 2021)