Welcome back, Taike. I'm having my office manager check on the best and safest way to ship a beginner guitar to Laos. That would be so GREAT! Grandpa and the little dude could enjoy guitar lessons...SKYPE or just email. What a bonding experience!

Check with momma, please, to see if that would be OK.

And Jim, I've regretted not spending more time with you when you were here. So sorry we were both "running".

It would be so honored to help you with guitar. We could get you up and running in a matter of a few months....good enough to play a tune or two each set. Then, you could go from there. I would be glad to "share the trips"....I'd come to Cincy one week and you get to Lexington the next. Sundays would be fine. I'd want to loan you a "learner". There are so many types of instruments that you can't even choose the style of music and type of guitar until you're into it. It would be a shame to buy something only to need to replace it shortly.

Naturally, there would be "no charge", and we'd rotate buying lunch. Helping people learn music is one of my great joys. I have three advanced guitarists who come for lessons from as far as St. Louis. And I get weekly calls from people teaching at muasic stores wanting help. The way "teachers" in music stores stretch out the process to keep the fees coming is a crime.

I can take years off the process of becoming an adequate player...especially someone who already knows keyboard.

At the VERY LEAST, I'd sure like to visit when we have time to sit and visit for more than the last time.

Russ