The Tyros4 has an improved vocal harmonizer but it still leaves something to be desired in my opinion. FWIW, the only way I could get acceptable VH recordings on my Tyros1 was to eliminate extraneous noises from the mix, including noise from external speakers or other outside sources. I would wear headphones while recording and the VH settings had to be just right or there was a good chance of causing an overload to the system. The Tyros4 harmonizer seems to have fixed a lot of the distortion caused by overloading the harmonizer system it appears. I thought that the T4 demo was okay although there was a LOT of reverb added to it which gave it a hollow chamber effect which I didn't really care for. On the other hand, the Pa3X harmonizer seems to be par excellence for an onboard VH although more demos are needed to get a better idea how it stacks up against the competition.

As a comparison to the T4 Vocal Harmonizer this is a song recording I did on my Tyros1 a few years ago using its vocal harmonizer effects. PS: This is the first time I have added a file using the SynthZone File Manager so I'm not sure where it will show up once I post this. I guess we'll find out huh? laugh

Attachments
On_The_Road_Again.mp3 (28 downloads)