Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Chas I would love you do a demo of the Roland VP770 for us.

Why do I think there is an ulterior motive here? There are tons of great demos of the VP-770 on the 'net. Anyway, as usual, be careful what you wish for smile smile. I threw this together while trying to figure out a good way to utilize the 'scat' voices on the 770 (almost the same as the ones on my Fantom G7). I don't know the lyrics so I just repeat the one line that I remember smile. Here, I try to use the scat voices in conjunction with the harmonizer (in parts). As usual, it's done with my usual configuration of the PA1x (drums and sax), Fantom G7 (bass and rhythm guitar, and of course Nord C1 (organ). VH and Scat are the VP-770. Sounds kind of amateurish and the chords may not be correct (my memory is shot) but you asked for it. In case you don't recognize it, it's an old Grover Washington/Bill Withers tune called 'Just the two of us'. I thought it was symbolic of our wonderful relationship smile smile.

http://www.box.net/shared/6fg2fruq96

chas

Chas honestly?.....I really loved your version of one of one of my favorite songs, nice groove ...very well done loved when the organ came in.......the voices really sound cool & authentic scattin' in & out also... my only critisizm is the Balance on the mix & a bit too much reverb here & there otherwise loved it baby!! Thanx for sharing your work.

Edited by Dnj (01/27/11 09:08 PM)