Keith,
Yesterday I also replaced one of my user voices and found out that doing the reset does not restore the user voices. I took went to another XD9 in my store and I saved the user voice bank to disk and then loaded these back into the XD3. I also emailed the original user voice bank to AJ so I know he has it. When you are in the user voice area, these are not new multisamples but rather just edits of the preset sounds. I do advise all my customers to back up the user voice set before starting to edit. One of the really frustrating issues is not being able to start with any preset voice you might want to use. For example I can't use the brass sound called big band. AJ and I went through this for an hour on the phone yesterday and he realized you couldn't do this. We tried everything. He's working on a fix for this. We thought that after entering the User voice mode and pushing edit voice and then turning off the user voice you can then select the big band brass sound, save it in a user bank location by renaming the user voice, but after doing all this, the original voice that you were first editing is still the sound you have when you go back into user voice. I hope there is a fix for this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)