Thanks Dano - I did try this and the reset restores many things but not original user voices as the unit came. The problem is that you can modify whatever (User) voice that is already in there and even save another (User) voice into any other User voice location (like I accidently did), but there is no way you can select an ordinary (factory) voice waveform to edit and save. Of course I should have saved the user voices to disk or perhaps Ketron should have provided these on floppy but I didn't and now I'm stymied.

All I was trying to do was to get a more sustained grand piano sound by extending the sustain and decay part of the ASDR envelope but now I have no Grand piano to edit. Of course I can edit the Rock or HonkyTonk user voices but I cannot select an alternative wave form.

Perhaps - Version 2.0 fixes the problem - that is if AJ confirms that is it available and it's possible to upgrade without returning to the store or buying a special cable.

This is really starting to bug me now as the grand piano is the basic sound that I use most of the time and I really need to modify it. - AJ - HELP

Oh, I just thought. If anyone could save the first user voice on an XD9/3 to disk for me and then e'mail it to KFernay@Hotmail.com I would be very grateful - I have over 3000 MS40 patterns all sorted into catagories I can send as repayment for your trouble (Well you probably wouldn't want them all but just tell me which type of style).

Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhh - Keith