Originally Posted By: Diki
Unless we want the arranger to go down this path (and the ever spiraling upwards prices for TOTL arrangers, compared to TOTL WS's, that we have been seeing is an indicator it is already happening) the arranger MUST start to incorporate loops and arps, and deliver content that a 20 year old wouldn't feel embarrassed playing to his friends.

Already lower end (and more affordable for younger players) PSR are using arpeggiators, and a use real time control over ADSR.

Eventually this will end up on the higher end product; or, at least it should (can't see why not).

Styles still tend to lag behind current trends...overcoming that would help as well.

Casio seems to cater to that younger buyer better with each iteration of arranger, and piano-based arrangers...Yamaha less so, at least for now(although the PSR is getting better), but, competition has this wonderful side effect of making (more like forcing) companies shape up.

I could easily use an S910 and/or Tyros4 for my very last arranger...I'd just order a service manual, and several key contact strips...keep me in great shape for a long time.

Ian