Hey guys...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have a confession...admittedly, I'm not a true keyboardist...

I'm a guitarist, who arranges and plays for a living...and I do a lot of sequencing...!

Anyway,

I thought you might be interested in hearing these fusion compositions of mine...

I composed these and did the sequencing and programming for all the other instruments back in 1993-1995, but I began the project of recording guitar parts to them back in January of 2002, and these are the final results...

I'm fortunate to have been in Keyboard magazines Discoveries column, Recording magazine's Reader's tapes, Music and Computers magazine's Spotlight column back in 1996.

This spring, My fusion C.D. will be sold on the Gnarly Geezer web site, label of Allan Holdsworth (www.gnarlygeezer.com). And in late summer, I join forces with the “Chops From Hell” instructional web site, with the release of an instructional CD-ROM, and several articles (www.chopsfromhell.com).

So, here are the tunes from my upcoming C.D.

I don't expect you to listen to all of them, but I've written a short description of each piece, so you can choose...

MP3-All in high quality MP3 files, download time will vary...

Muldar's Search -Hi energy fusion.

Every Time -a tribute to Weather Report with a Tribal Tech vibe.

S'Corea -a tribute to Chick's Elektric Band.

Remember -A dark, moody harmonic environment, with a fast double-time section for the guitar solo.

Three Steps From the Sun -some elements of Japanese and African music with a touch of Bill Frisell and Mike Brecker.

Give It Time -a fast-paced short little tune, quite fun.

Heartland -a laidback, Robben Ford style tune I wrote the day of the Oklahoma City Bombing back in 1995.

One -a percussive, dark tune in 7/4.

From Nothing -a busy, keyboard chops fest.

Think About It -a Yellowjackets kind of vibe.

Tito's Time -a latin fusion tune I wrote back in 1995, and later renamed to dedicate it to the late Tito Puente.

Rise Above -a kind of Steve Kahn/Anthony Jackson vibe.

Beast of Burton -a tribute to Gary Burton.

Eek! A Mouse! -one of my oldest compositions/sequences...very hard to read down when I did these guitar parts...but, the title says it all.

If you prefer:STREAMING-these will vary automatically according to your connection speed...doesn't do too well with dial-up.

Fusion index Page -It's obvious which are the new ones with guitar...

I really appreciate that some of you have already visited my site, and taken the time to listen...it means a lot...

The fusion thing only represents about 10% of what I do, so if your interested, seek out some other stuff on my site...

www.scottjonesmusic.com

Anyway, enjoy...

And I'd love to hear from you...

Peace,

Scott Jones