Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

I also know of a heatpipe solution with a low noise 120mm fan that would fit intoo the Groove.

But as long as you don't overclock your CPU heat should not be to much of a problem as long as the airflow through the case is high enough.

Would that be the Scythe Shuriken Rev b??(thats the one Dom is using in the Groove Extreme).

As for the second part I have quoted you on above, sorry, but I have to disagree.

The COOLER you run a CPU the better and faster it works. Over-clocking is a side issue.

If a manufacturer spec says the max temp for a CPU is 72 degrees, does NOT (in my view) mean its totally okay to run it at 69.5 degrees constantly.

As I said in my experience, a good safety margin is getting a constant ave temp within a 35% of the max. So on a CPU max advised of 72, something around 52-55 is good.

The airflow inside the MS is not ideal. as I said I have made some hardware changes (minor case-work) and these have made a BIG difference.

I am also using a Noctua system fan (the one behind the power supply board, for those who are not aware ) which is much quieter (about 1/3 of the standard issue) whihc then allows just a little more db on the CPU fan.

Although it has not much at all as the Zalman comes with a variable speed control device.

Mine is presently running at approx 1500RPM, and I am achieving an ave CPU temp of 54 degrees. If I am doing more intensive studio work where the CPU is working harder, I just ramp up the fan speed. It has a max of nearly 2500RPM.

But in gig work it NEVER needs more than 1500, in fact I could probably lower it even further

Dennis