Quote:
Originally posted by miden:

I can also confirm that if run a quad core inside the MS series, be prepared for either a very noisy fan, or a CPU running at nearly max heat levels most of the time. As the interior of the MS has very restricted airflow, being so small.

And because the MAX size of a system fan (the one near the power supply) is an 80mm one, you are limited in how much air you can pull from the inside without a cacophany of fan noise.

Dennis

Dennis,

I did notice this some time back the MB is mounted flat unlike most PC vertically. Mounted vertically a lot of natural convection takes place in a PC off the track side of the pcb and this helps, mounting the MB in the MS flat is the only way but the air fouling around the MB looks rather bad on the MS also, I think like you say, you start putting in processors that produce more heat you will pay the price, the bad fouling on the MS will mean you will require fans beyond what would be fitted in a PC side case. Not certain if the power supply on the MS has a fan, if note then the main extract fan will need to deal with this heat also. I would like some good quality photos of the inside of MS.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey