Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
yes, you right.

but i mean the MS bottom case.

Look at your MS bottom case and the MS x-88 bottom case.

if you like to use a 76 key version of MS X-88 version keybed it will not fit in your bottom case. you need to make your bottom case like MS X-88 first.

Thanks AFG, but I do (did) realise all of that

You don't read all of my previous posts do you

I have engineered and modified several keyboards, even changing an 88 note Keystation to a 73 note model I should post some pics one day...Not to mention several Korg keyboards I rescued and re-furbished...

Usually with manufacturers, especially 3rd party ones like Fatar who make generic keybeds for many keyboard companies, follow certain design principles through an entire range, example - the spacing of mounting points, and even the shape and design of the underlying steel chassis. Called "Economy of Design".

Now if the mounting points of the Fatar 76 note weighted keybed, match those of the TP8 keybed and the cabling is the same, then not TOO many problems...if not well then thats not a problem either. I won't worry about it.

In any case it's only a distant operation in my mind now. I am only asking IF its possible NOT that I am starting it now

Its very difficult, if not impossible, to tell the spacing of the mount points from pictures, as they need to be millimetre perfect. And different angles of photography can give distorted views of this.

Only the actual engineering specs will give the exact positions.

Dennis