Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi AFG Music.

I'm just against removable parts or add ons when there's no real need for them if your sitting at the keyboard. The AKAI S6000 front panel only works well as a removable device simply because nobody is going to sit at a Rack. Your going to want to have it's function in your work space right beside the keyboards.

To me less is more if you know what I mean.

For example why do we have 20 buttons for navigating the Touch Screen on the Mediastation.

Regards
James

but you can make the LCD popup like tyros 3:
http://en.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/YAMAHA+TYROS3.JPG
http://futuremusic.com/news/images/Yamaha_Tyros3.jpg

so its inline design but adjustable.

with this design it is possible to make LCD removable to.

it's just an idea. You can write new ideas now than when the product is ready.

The manufacturer has the right to decide. see what is feasible and what end users expect from a product. and not to forget cost.

when you make a good design, you should not think about 1 or 2 people in mind, but all your end users. and I know that is not easy.

but one thing is certain, how better you design and more people want to buy your product.

So manufacturer has every right to decide what the final product looks like. look at ideas but is also not bad.

when i bought Roland VA-76, I have send an email to Roland and asked why they did not make expanssion slots from fantom series on their arranger keyboards. they say we are going to think about. few years later, Roland G-70 and E-80 made use of. roland G-70 one slot and E80 two slot. I do not know if I've put them on this idea or someone else. but they certainly have not regretted it.

my other idea was not feasible for Roland:

I asked to make possible variphrase audio loops to use inside styles.
So you have midi + audio styles.

variphrase recording on Roland VA-76 series is possible in songs.

look what Lionstracs-Korg-Ketron now reach at this point by listen to their users, and good Roland continues to sleep.

i did not said make the LCD smaller again do not get me wrong, becouse is good to see a 11,6 inch widescreen LCD on new lionstracs keyboard.

domenico must not change that even if even if he chooses adjustable inline design (my openion)

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-14-2010).]