Hi Dennis.

Quote:
How was the song constructed? Using an MP3, or midi file?

It's purchased midi file dumped into the Midi Sequencer on my Tascam SX-1 mixing desk. My SX-1 mixing desk is an integrated DAW/ Mixing desk that runs on an OS called BeOS.

The song was then resequenced and setup to connect to the VSTi host on the Mediastation by direct midi cable connection. The Tascam SX-1 then was used to mix and apply automation and sound changes as necessary by using that midi connection to the Mediastation.

Once it sounded exactly as I wanted, the audio output of the Mediastation producing the music was then recorded into the SX-1 was a two track Audio file, Left and Right.

So in the video I'm in Media Player mode playing back a Wave file and playing over with Giga Sounds.

The reason for this approach is simply because this is how I will use the keyboard when Gigging. I could install a Sequencer on the Meidastation, but the screen is too small for a DAW Sequencer and using an external display gigging is not an option. So using the Media Player to stream audio is just simpler and less to deal with when gigging.

Quote:
I assume some of the pads were from your collection? Because they did sound familiar.
All the patches were from the Giga/VST banks?

I'm running Sample Lord on it because of the bugs in Lionstracs COMBI mode. So this gives me an alternative to COMBI mode and from that I'm running my own Piano, Guitars, Drums and Bass Guitar from Giga files. Everything else is the KORG Digital Legacy VSTi, mainly the KORG M1 VSTi.

Quote:
Have you had a chance to check out the actual Performance Mode (thats what is WAS called). To repeat this is a mode where all panel settings are captured in a "snapshot" saved to a performance slot for later recall at a gig?

No not really. I've only glanced at it and I really mean glanced. I did a quick little test at the time and it didn't recall what had setup so I left it as something I would look at later on properly.

I'll get to it this week though and report back.

Quote:
On my MS, this mode ALWAYS totally crashed it. Only a full power down sorted it out.

No crashes here yet out of everything I've ever tested. Generally speaking the keyboard is extremely stable and all the core issue you had with no sound and bootup problems are clearly gone.

There are some things that don't function as expected though because of bugs. Most of which are very minor and you can easily work around them, but then there are things like the COMBI mode bug with make it useless and the fact that qRanger chokes to death when you slow down a midi style.

All in all though there is very little wrong in what I've tested so far. Considering the depth of the system, it's running extremly well actually. The COMBI mode bug needs to be closed out though, that's on my **** list as being a core function that does not work at all.

Qranger.... don't really care about it. Live Styler runs a million times better on the Mediastation anyway.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-06-2010).]