Hi Frank,
that's fantastic about being able to get your pc running again.

I've been busy haahaa. Worked out how to reformat my dell laptop, ( Dell must be about the only company that doesn't give you the option of formatting & reloading software automatically, or if they do, it's not explained anywhere).
Anyway, I'm starting from scratch. I lost the internal sound some months back, formatted it & loaded the operating system etc, but alas , still no sound. ( Must be a hardware problem not software.)
Anyway, not to worry, I have my old audiophile usb sound card, so I do have sound.

Partially got my software loaded back in. Got OMB working with my Clavinova as controller. OMB is working ok.
A couple of years ago, I couldn't get Live Synth Pro working with OMB directly even though OMB plays DXI's . In the latest version it appears to be working,(fingers crossed). Easier doing it dirctly than doing it thru Forte.
I've also been looking at another piece of software called Sample Lord. (I've got a demo version) It loads soundfonts plus other stuff. It works as a standalone, or a vsti. Tried it with OMB & I think it will work .
Haven't tried loading it in yet, but it may also work with my V Machine.

Hubby offered me a new computer on Friday.
Currently I've got a netbook with a missing key ( too slow too do anything musical with)
A 6 year old desk top that's too slow , also.
And a Dell without sound haa haa, but it's the fastest of the lot.
I'm a bit nevous about going onto windows 7 just in case my music software won't work with it. Are you aware of any big issues with it?

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Rikki, good to hear from you.

I had some luck. They were able to fix my old PC. The CPU Cooler had a hair line crack with the CPU and was over heating and shut down the the PC.

So, I will keep my system for another year and let Windows 7 shake down a bit and let the sound card manufacturers catch up with drivers that will work in it. M Audio makes fairly good sound cards. There seems to be a decrease in the number of sound card manufacturers. Even Creative doesn't make sound cards for this level of quality. It could be that many can't compete with the in-built sound cards on the PC Motherboards.

I would think most of my VSTs and Sound libraries would work in the MediaStation.

Frank L. Rosenthal

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022