Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:

Fred, I noticed you plan on using the Roland PCR800 as your controller keyboard. Why do you prefer it over others? I have been using the Roland A37 since it came out....many years. It still does the job and I like the 76 keys.

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 09-19-2007).][/B]

Hello Frank,

I don't have a real controller keyboard. I used my Kurzweil K 2600 if I needed track's in real time.
As output I used hardware only (racks and keyboards)routed thru a midi patchbay (unitor amt 8)
Since the last 6 years I play in a 70ties pop/rock band and I did not compose any new piece, mainly because I tend to pull something out my home studio each time if needed in the band. So nothing attached anymore cables all over, iow a mess.

To get myselve composing again I decided to go the software route completely.
Allways ready to go and not much place needed.
Just a PC with two flatscreens (another issue as I want below 5ms response time)
and a controller board.

The kurzweil will stay as my inspiration for new ideas which devlope while playing.

The pcr800 has a usb connection as well, nice studio panels witin Sonar with lot's of assignable real knobs, and not expensive.

While I prefer 76 keys for real time playing, I don't think I need them for only
computer input. (If needed I can always hook my Kurzweil)

Also edirol seems to be Vista ready so hopefully one problem less to deal with.

Fred