The only parameter I have is using an arranger keyboard as a start (for style playing and control). Not necessarily for the sound. For someone that mostly wants to use styles, this makes sence to me because a dedicated arranger keyboard has the best user interface for style play. And if the internal sound is not a factor, there is no need to ever change the keyboard since the styles can be loaded, changed, etc. I need to have a piano type keyboard anyway to play styles, why use a MIDI controller and a computer keyboard or a mouse instead of a better tool... Of couse most MIDI controllers are very inexpensive compared to an arranger keyboard but this is not an issue for me.

As far as an external sound source I am open to either a computer (preferrably a laptop) or a dedicated hardware player (like a receptor) to trigger the sounds. I also would like the highest sound quality possible as long as this does not require long sample load times. I play for myself only and do not mind even a 30 second load time (per style change). A nice thing about a dedicated player is the fact that everything is optimized for running VST instruments and all the hardware is in one box.

I do not mind any setup work as long as this work needs to be done 1 time and the subsequent use does not require me to fiddle around with that external sound source. I just want to turn on my keyboard, the external sound source, start all necessary programs, manually load samples (only once per session, if needed) and play any style in the keyboard without any other adjustments.

I think that some form of a solution already exists out there, it is a matter of picking one that is will suit my needs the most.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by oleg7 (edited 12-27-2006).]