Quote:
Originally posted by pasadoble:
I always have a problem with a '2 beat bar' in Randy Crawford's 'Streetlife' which is awkward to get out of as it comes when there is a lot of keyboard parts to cover, its a scramble to hit the sync start/stop button, lift off the keys in a split second and restart on the beat again without a glitch...there also a 2 beat bar in 'The Look of Love'
Even the singers I work with sometimes slip 2 beats, so they're singing on the 3rd beat as if it was the first beat of the bar...a terrible mess...so come on Yamaha take note! Roland have had a '1st beat reset' button for years, sadly the problem continues on the TY2.
Thank you - this starts looking like a growing tread
I know people who are going to try to work out a software solution (thank you!), but still - guess this will never be a real substitute - "outside" software can't point on the last two bars as far as I know.

BUT - let's hope that Yamaha have time for this now, as it seemes that none or just few errors has occoured on the OS of Tyros2 (fantastic job, Yamaha!).
I've been writing an email to Yamaha about 2/4 fill-in, but I guess it was for the "wrong" department *G*
A real built-in solution will safe us "style players" from life situations (songs, medleys, tempo shifts etc) - and beside that we'll be able to play those (also) wonderful pieces who need 2/4 somewhere.
If they made a free choice of 1/4, 2/4 etc this would turn Tyros2 to be an even much stronger musical instrument than it is already.
Please continue writing - guess Yamaha ARE following forums somewhere? *G*
BTW - "The look of love" is SUCH a wonderful piece of music.
Why do we have to miss that one (and more!) for dinner?
Regards..
ChrisH

------------------
"..tell Tchaikovsky the news.." wink