Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Bebop.
I had hassles getting my clavinova usb set up correctly at first with my laptop. Took a couple of uninstalls till I got it right. Ended up with even more hassles when I added my dgx ( usb also).
I always switch my piano on first. Then my laptop. Then I set midi in/out to usb.

Unfortunately it's not the fact that just because a keyboard connects to a computer via a usb cable, that the keyboard can actually be used as a soundcard in the way a kn7 could. THe Kn7 appears to have been unique.
Do you still have your KN7?

Other than the minor hassles you're having at the moment, how are you enjoying your new keyboard?

best wishes
Rikki

HI Rikki,
Good to see you again and especially here where we are trying to get this new yamaha arranger forum going.
I have installed the midi usb driver that came with the new Tyros 2 now three times and nothing changes. All indications are that they driver is corrupted. None of the sequencer programs will recogninze it and I get messages that it is enabled but not functioning properly.
Tom has located a new version of this driver that I might download and try. I havae now wasted two full days and half of this one with this problem so I give it up for now until Yamaha Support responds to my E Letter I sent them yesterday.
Yes, I still have the KN7000 keyboard, and the KN2600, and the KN6000, and the KN800. I have sold the others
How is your Hub doing now? I Hope he is better.
I envy you in Australia this time of year as your spring is setting in and we are facing winter, it now being fall and all the leaves are falling, and we actually had a rain shower yesterday, first one since last winter.
Best to you and yours from,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 11-10-2005).]