Alex,
I hope you take a trip a little farther west out to see me. I get calls every day from people from New York to California wanting to buy a G70 from me, but Roland's policy doesn't allow me to sell outside of Southern California. I understand their wanting to "protect" dealers within the customers market area, but it seems to me that most of you are not finding G70's in your local areas. This presents a problem for Roland, because by not letting customers who know my store be able to purchase from me, not as many G70's are being sold as could be.
Yesterday I got a phone call from a lady in New York who said she had to find me by doing a google search for G70's because she called every store she new in her area and couldn't find one to see at all. When she called me I explained how I could not sell her one but that if she knew someone in the Los Angeles area, they could come in and buy it for her. She was very disappointed and so was I. I could have sold her a G70 and we both would have been happy!
I hope that Roland will change their policy in the future to reflect the changes in the way people use their computers at home. I'm happy to say that it's not just because of large websites on the net, but in my case, and I don't even have a website, it's because of knowledge of ones products and great customer support.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)