I will tell you why:

The Roland G70, which is supposed to be the current big thing, is nowhere to be found by most members here. None of the music stores which I frequent carries it - another great marketing move, Roland

Perhaps one day I will travel to California to see it in George Kaye's shop, but this is not likely to be very soon. Until then, all I can comment on is the very high price of the G-70, which would be out of context unless I can correlate it to the features of this keyboard.

An interesting note: it appears that at present the VA-76s seem to fetch more money on the E-Bay than they did a few months ago - I think this is yet another illustration of Roland's marketing success.

At present, in Phoenix area G-70 is involved in a market share battle with the GEM Genesys for who will have a smaller one - neither one is to be found in the stores around here. While this may be an amusing fact in itself, I as a user feel extremely let down and disappointed - the only high-end arranger I can get my hands on is the polyphonically challenged Korg PA1Xpro.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 04-22-2005).]