Hi Nick and thanks for trying to help me.I have an X1 keyboard and I already tried what you mentionned and it didn't work.I Even tried to switch the cable from comm1 to comm2 and did all the sequence after that .Nil... Could be that the cable itself is badly routed...I wonder if they make this cable with a USB connection .Maybe I wouldn't have this problem .'Anybody knows about that?'. I think that, even though it says that both comm ports are free ,they are occupied.

Well, lots of questions unanswered,lots of solutions ineffective and two weeks later,I'm still stuck with that problem. My technician is on vacation for another week. The cable does not have a guaranty . I don't have the configuration of the routing inside the cable.I've been through lot of misfortune lately so sorry for the complaining but I can't stop thinking that there's something I haven't thought about doing. If you did read upperly ,you now know that there's a bunch of good friends who tried to give me solutions .You're part of them now and I tell you all ''I won't give up until it's settled''. Thank you again !!!

Makes me think as if it was a war game between the ennemy, DR CABLE and little ol' US! LOLLLLL !!! Usually ,the good ones win!!! See ya!
Gino 'The FT cable fighter'!

------------------
It's not because nobody does it that it means it's impossible.TRY IT!!