Well, as I thought you would gather from my first line or so, I am NOT using much of the built-in sounds..! So, in a way, for me it's much like your old Akai S5000 (was that the one?). Only as good as the library you put into it.

I've got Siedlek, I've got Kirk Hunter, I've got many of the old TOTL orchestral libraries, and, even though they don't compare to perhaps the BEST of the current crop, few of my clients are so picky that the sound alone is the deciding factor... Just like arrangers, it still boils down mostly to the PLAYING and orchestration.

You posted some GREAT stuff you had done on the Akai a little while back... Are you ashamed of it? Of course not! Despite it being stone age compared to what you have now. Great music is mostly independent of the means of production. There are old Hollywood film scores done on old Emulators. They don't sound any WORSE than the day they were released.

I know full well that I could be using libraries and software that completely blow my old system away. But they would cost me THOUSANDS to get (VSL ain't cheap, you know!) and thousands more in hardware to run them, and would not get me another client more than I already have. If what I use is good enough for THEM, well, it's good enough for me!