Quote:
But you always have to take into account, when posting at the SZ Arranger forum that YOUR idea of 'simple' and MANY of those here vary radically!

Well I did slap a “For Advanced Users” title on this thread in order to attract the type of people who would be interested in this, and there are many people here who are well able for all this too.

You got to admint, this is not complicated stuff Diki.

Pianoteq is played straight as you play a Piano. WIVI, again you play straight but use your breath, Wheel or Expression Pedal to control the dynamics. Preferably Breath as that's going to give you the most control over the expressions and dynamic range.

That's not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination. They are simply to operate programs that anyone would enjoy. Takes but a moment to get the most from WIVI and I really do mean that.

Quote:
And also, for me, there's STILL a noticeable gap between the 'expressiveness' of modeling, and its' 'accuracy'.

Compared to what, samples ?

If your not hearing the benefits of this over samples, please do download the demos. Mark my works, they will change your mind. We are looking at truly ground breaking software here.

Quote:
I realize that the amount of variation that you can get from modeling, vs sampling, is huge. But, as I felt that this demo showed, that at times, disregard the expressiveness, and sometimes straight-ahead sampling, if it does EXACTLY what you want it to do, is still a bit more accurate

Hmmm... I know samples have their place, they have after all shaped the world of music for 30 years, but I really feel WIVI and Pianoteq far exceed sample based sounds so much that it just so easy to hear and understand this.

Quote:
I stuck with the DX7 for YEARS after they were no longer popular, simply for the breath controller sounds. But, in the end, convenience and the improvement in sampled sax sounds made it no longer part of my live performance (still got it for the studio, though!). There's a lot I miss, but there's a lot I DON'T.

You simply can't on any level compare FM Technology to PCM Technology. They sound nothing alike.

Quote:
And that, for me as a horn player, is the still unresolved issue of modeled vs. sampled.

Again go download the demo and enjoy WIVI. It's a new way of modelling you have not hear before in other programs and to be fair, you really don't have a true understanding of how good it is just from that video.

Quote:
I still get the impression you think me a Luddite and a technophobe, but I simply consider myself more a realist.

Honestly I will tell you what I think.

I believe you are well able and are very knowledgeable, but you have gotten very lazy and are unwilling to work for what you want. You have the knowledge but lack the motivation.

That's a crying shame...!!!! It's like all the fun of music and technology has been sucked out of you at some point in the past when you used to at one point enjoy it all.

That's honestly how I feel and I don't like to say that when I know you could do a lot better at everything than you are doing right now. I say all this with respect.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-13-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-13-2010).]