I hear you. But in my experience (btw. I perform lots of Bollywood), first I found that Bollywood music is not that much different than Western. The do seem to use so much of the same style arrangements. I do agree that Yamaha arrangers lack in Indian kits, but with lil careful programming of your styles (& existing styles they provide) you can get a very similar feel for 95% of Bollywood songs out there. As for Indian classical I do not think any board (including workstations) can do any justice to authenticity. I think you would need a live tabla/dholak for that. Which is what I do for such songs.

My config is PSR-3K where I play styles from (pre-programmed or custom made) + Roland XP-60 (World card) for the extra edge for the authenticity feel. I also have a live tabla/dholak player to add the extra layer & a drummer/Dhol player.

Works well. PSR Drum sounds are a lilttle thin for my taste and the live drums add the extra umph I need. But cant beat the ease of use of a PSR.

I have done shows without the live drummer too when budget has been an issue and you would need some extra tuning on your PA to componsate.

my 2 cents on this