I've been using a PSR-3000 for a while, and used a friends Tyros3 for a few weeks, and been loving it.
I play some gigs, and I'm trying to get into doing more performances, but for now, I do a lot of my own composing and recording.
I've been going back and forth about finally upgrading to a Tyros, and I would probably get the T4 now that it's out, instead of getting an older T3.
I've considered going with Korg, but for my style music, I think I'm best off with Yamaha.
The thing is, if I do pull the trigger now, I probably won't upgrade to a T5 if/when it comes out, unless I can sell off the T4 at a pretty high price, and not have to pay too much for the T5.
I pushed off thinking about upgrading until the T4 came out, once I heard some rumors about it, since it is never worth it to buy a keyboard, and then hear that a new one is coming out, with a price close to what you paid for your soon to be outdated model.
So the question is (and since no one has really any clue what the T5 might have, it might not really be answerable), should I be pulling the trigger now to get a T4?
Or might it be worth it to wait the ~2 years for the T5 to come out?
Personally, I am using mostly custom styles of my own and made by others, so better styles don't really matter to me.
Better sounds and drums would be nice (SA3 anyone?), but the new choir sounds don't really do much for me, since I don't use those types of sounds. I use the guitar, woodwind (sax, flute, etc), and brass sounds a lot, and a decent amount of piano, keyboard, and string sounds.
And even if they were to come out with 76 keys, I wouldn't specifically wait for that (though I'm not saying that the extra room wouldn't be nice, but I'm used to 61 keys).
So basically, any speculation of what could be added into the T5, and if there's any reason to wait?
Thanks a lot!!