I've been watching this thread but haven't posted until now, because I finally took a look at the OP's video link of Jordon Rudess.

First, spalding1968, of course that could be done on pretty much any arranger, sans the goofy vocal stuff going on, unless the arranger was one of the more higher end units with sampling capabilities. Nothing special about it at all other than it was simply annoying. "Slow down and play some meaningful notes" is what was going through my mind the whole time. But I know that wasn't your point of posting so sorry.

Second, Diki, imitative? I understand what you are saying, but really; did you ever hear a harmonica bend notes in such a way? Not possible. Not to mention the only thing worse than a sax sound from a keyboard is a harmonica sound (from a keyboard or otherwise for that matter)

Finally, some people are just to hard-headed, blind to anything they don't own, etc. to be open minded about alternatives. Pity really, because there are some hybrid workstation/arranger instruments out there that could definitely be advantageous to certain musicians.