Greetings all,

New forum member here - I've been reading this board for a long time, and appreciate all the useful stuff I've learned here. I'd like to break the ice and start posting some, so like it or not, here's a bit about me.

I've played music of one sort or another on the side for about 40 years. I played keys in a cover band doing weddings, parties, and other private gigs for about 25 years starting in 1974. Now I play Cajun and Zydeco accordion in a couple bands, and freelance with a couple of blues bands on piano and organ. I'm a board member of a successful traditional music non-profit cooperative organization here in central Michigan. ( www.wheatlandmusic.org )

I have a PSR 2000 that I use mainly for practice, but also on many gigs as well as I find some of the rompler sounds very useful. My gig rig is a Yamaha P120 piano midied to an EMU B3 module through an older Barbetta amp, with the PSR on top if needed. Meets my needs very well, although I would like to upgrade the organ to something newer with drawbars and maybe a better Leslie sim. I carted a 145 for many years, and have no desire to go back to a real Leslie other than the great sound. I really enjoy playing the arranger keyboard, it's like having a backup band without all the related hassles.

I'm a Vietnam Vet (two tours with 101st Airborne 1969-71), and have all the related baggage and biases.

I'm also a displaced Cajun and, despite having infantry training at Ft. Polk in 1969. I love Louisiana, or at least Acadiana. Attended grad school at LSU, and have a number of musician friends in the Lafayette area.

Anyway, greetings to all and I look forward to being a contributing forum member.

Roger Little