Well, Ian, for starters, Yamaha don't make arrangers for pros AT ALL (according to you!), so what is left..? Yes, that's right. Comparison between model lines. And the Yamaha big keyboard arrangers compare quite poorly compared to the Tyros line, and, to be honest, with the PSR line too (at the top end). The only difference is the number of keys (and weight!), but the same end user is who they are designed for (according to you, again). So, I feel I'm pretty much on point in saying that Yamaha DO make big keyboard arrangers, just not good ones. If ALL arrangers are designed for the home, but only the big keyboard Yamaha's suck (comparatively), then that's basically that... Bringing up 'pro' excuses simply does not hold water.

The G70 weighed only four or five pounds more than the G1000, a VERY successful arranger. For all the whining here, hardly a determining factor in its' sales failure. Anyway, as all arrangers are 'home' arrangers, and none of them are designed for pros (who are the only players that regularly need to move their keyboards around much), what does weight have to do with it? The CVP's certainly outweigh the G70 drastically, and it doesn't stop them selling.

But, as hard as high end arrangers are starting to be to find in ANY music store (think of how widely they were distributed 15 years ago), you can hardly claim that overall sales are increasing. If they were popular, a LOT of stores would carry them, and that is just not the case. You work at a store that specializes in them, and have a somewhat colored viewpoint, I fear...

I am sure you would proudly point out that the S910 has FAR more features than an E60... there goes that ill-thought out argument.

Trouble is, if you take your own thoughts seriously (I have my doubts about that!), ALL arrangers from all manufacturers (as I'm sure you would never concede any advantage to any other brand) are made for home users. Therefore, you can compare them ALL directly. And, in that case, the 76 and 88 note home arrangers from Yamaha suck compared to the 76 and 88 note home arrangers from all the other brands..! And they suck compared to the 61 note arrangers made by their own company!

Yamaha don't have it in for pros... they simply have it in for home players of bigger keyboards.