Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Hmmmm is that why you play a 61 key Roland Prelude on stage instead of the 76 key G70?...

Ha ha...I was going to mention this, as Fran had made this admission in several posts, but I was too lazy to go dig them out.

As I said earlier, I'm glad I can gig equally well with a 76'er or a 61, as it doubles my choices.

Yamaha stopped making 76 note arrangers (the ill-fated PSR-9000 Pro), as did Roland (G-70/E-60)...must be a reason for them to be discontinued...I'd say it was poor sales.

Very few PSR-9000 Pro and G-70/E-60 were sold in my territory, and we have a healthy arranger market (quite a few pros, too) compared to the rest of Canada.

It would be interesting to see how well these 76-note models did world-wide.

Korg appears to have the 76-note market to themselves, but from what I've read here, and on other forums, the PA-500/800 five octave keyboards allegedly far outsell the 76-note PA2XPro...of course they are cheaper, but if there are so many pros going for 76, why aren't the numbers closer than they stand?

I have a strong feeling there may not be a PA2XPro successor, and that will leave the field to the Mediastation and the Audya.

Time will tell.

Ian