Diki, I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I just needed a break from SZ (too addictive as you well know lol)plus at that point I didn't feel I had anything I was getting out of it or anything significant to contribute. I did look in every couple of weeks or so and recently felt the urge to get back in it, so here i IZ!
but in a more limited fashion. I have had a steady 2-niter with my percussionist Madafo at Miami Shores CC. Thurs is sit-ins and Fri we have guest stars I book-mostly singers. Has been a learning experience for me as I never comped for anyone other than myself before. It necessitated using more LH bass,
at first using the D-beam to drop in/out the
bass part in the styles,leaving just the drums (i rarely use full styles-sometimes I'll kick in a big band background for a last chorus at the end of a set to juice up the crowd)Eventually it got to the point i had to cut out some of the backings altogether- especially with singers- and go naked with LH bass and my percussionist. It's still a work in progress. On our other duo gigs, or solos, I still use the bass/drum on just about everything. On 3 of the nights I featured a guitar or another kbd, and those nights were burning, as it freed me from all the bass responsibility, let me use my just right hand a lot
for playing vibes sound and other solo things, and play my saxes, so starting April i'll be booking gtr/keys a lot more.
I wish I had known about next week's kbd Jam in Holiday Fl earlier-i might have been able to go. do you go to those?

------------------
Miami Mo

[This message has been edited by keysvocalssax (edited 03-15-2010).]