Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
The exhibitors don't WANT to have a public day at NAMM. It's been suggested many times, by retailers and public alike. The exhibitors are there to pitch product to the dealers, and honestly don't CARE what the public wants. Heck, a fair amount of what is pitched there is pre-release or vaporware, anyway. Look how often it's a year or more before the product ships...

Manufacturers don't want people holding off on a purchase waiting for something that may not be around for a year or more (if ever). Remember the Audya?

Diki.

I think you do need an open to public day at any venue, you need to be able to touch, feel and caress before you buy something new and as you rightly appear to be implying end up with something not what you expected inside, you can’t touch, feel and caress inside, well I know I can’t.

Cheers Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey