Hi Ray,
my user styles are basically styles I've converted from another format ie Band in a Box, other style formats, midifiles, sometimes record the odd style track myself. I do them either thru midifile to style conversion, or sometimes via EMC.

I then edit, ie replace tracks, modify or replace intro's/endings/fills etc whatever it needs to try & make it useable.

Straight EMC conversions usually don't sound too great, that's why I stunned that they appear to be converting quite well to Technics format ( wish I still had my KN7 to test them) haahaa

Some of the styles I don't even use myself, they've been a request from style group members.

Soul Beat I tested with Stand By Me & Dock of the Bay.

Country Ballad one of the members mentioned goes well with Country Roads.

Piano Waltz I created for one of the members who luv's Piano Arpeggio's as much as I do. He wanted a simple style for Moon River & Fascination.
( English Waltz should work with these tunes also)

Orch Swing kn2 is actually an old kn2 style.
I added additional variations, ending & intro, which may not show up in a kn7.
Korg has 3 intro's/endings. Again, try it with standards.

Styles like Autumn, Classic Piano Bld etc I hope to use with some of the old 40's/50's standards. (Autumn Leaves being one of my favourites). Just try them with some of the old standars. Arpeggio styles work quite well with a lot of tunes.

P&W AWA style, is a Band in a Box Praise & Worship Style, not something I use myself. It was just an experiment quite a while back to see how well a BIAB style would convert to keyboard format. I'm waiting to hear back if it's useable & for what?
I find some of the BIAB styles too busy for keyboard use. They sound great in BIAB itself, but in a 4 or 8 bar loop not always good.

It's hard trying to get feedback as to what songs members are actually using the styles for.

It's also great to see non korg users get to use the styles , thanks to Bernie.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Saint:
[b]Hi Rikki,

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 01-13-2010).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022