Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
There seems to be an underlying anger and in-your-face attitude that I didn't sense before then. I'm wondering if there is something going on in Donny's life that has triggered this change...even DNJ's comments to others have sometimes been curt and less friendly than before. I hope I am wrong, but if there is something going on in Donny's life that is affecting his actions, I pray that he finds peace in this new year. JMHO.

I agree, Cassp...I found a change in Donny's demeanor over the past while too.

We still keep in touch by email, and he is always courteous and helpful, but, like you said, there is a change that is even noticable in his private messages.

We all go through slumps and sometimes even question what we are doing...I've taken the winter off to re-evaluate personal arranger gigging, as I seem to have lost my interest in it a lot in the past year. I still like to do the occasional Yamaha demo, and help people, but as far as playing gigs, I just don't feel the same way about them.

I still play my S910 everyday, and I'm getting a new digital piano in the near future, but something inside me has changed, and I'm not sure if it will change back. I haven't even done any recording in quite a while.

I just turned 60 this past March, and it's made me look at things differently...time left in my life has suddenly become more valuable, and I'm evaluating what to do with it.

I hope that whatever Donny is experiencing (if he is) is something that he can share with someone else, as a problem shared, is a problem cut in half...I know it has helped me to discuss my feelings about playing.

We all change at different rates, and for different reasons....if there is something gnawing away at him, I hope he finds a way to talk about it, and get rid of it; I know talking about my issues to good and trusted friend, has helped me cope a lot better.

Ian