no chas i wasnt refering to the yamaha video as although it sounded nice ia gree with you it sounded like a CD. I have no problem with that by the way. My comment about shutting your eyes was in reference to the link i pasted in my post which is where the PA1X arranger, the PA500 arranger, the M3 and Oasys all were being used in separate demos and you would not be able to tell the workstation from the arranger because of the cleverness in which they were being used.

I understand you would not want to use the arranger functions when gigging live but that has nothing to do with using an arranger keyboard. Afterall its just another keyboard right ?

i think tunnel visioned is appropriate because its the when we talk about arranger keyboards we still assume that they are used only in arranger play when they are so much more than that.

I used the example of the key pads in the PA1X to trigger set phrases or samples because thats exactly what is done with the Korg M3 and the Fantom x and now Fantom G by many live bands performing in stadiums today. They may send a click track from the keyboard to the drummer so he stays in the pocket and then trigger the phrases where they need them in the performance. So long as the drummer can play to the click track the phrase stays in time and can be triggered whenever the player wants to. This goes for audio samples too.

If you played your korg on a gig live , no drums, no guitars, not auto accompaniment , just you, would your audience not know it was you playing the instrumenet just because the keyboard had Korg PA1X Pro on the front ?

I Know you love that great organ sound and its probably why you may never gig with any other keyboard than your nord. It is not because the nord has arranger functions or does not have arranger functions. Its purely because of the sound and functionality and maybe portability as compared to a real organ.

Anyway i wont labour the point.

AS for the Yamaha video. I thought it was great and the sound was terrific. the demonstrator is on point and i have heard him do amazing things with the yamaha range. If he had a Korg he would probably wet himself :-)