Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
PS ... while you "chose not to point out that some might consider your use of the 'net symbol 'WTF' in your post title, the literary equivalent of Adam Lamberts musical 'expressiveness', you then DID ...

Of course I did, Tony. That was the point. It's called 'tongue in cheek'. Sorry you missed it. BTW, 'WTF' is a slightly cruder version of 'What The Heck'.

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:

As for THIS old man, "getting a life" means that my last days on this Earth will be spent trying to help teach my grandchildren that the DRIVEL they see on TV - even on so called 'children's stations'- is NOT representative af a good, moral society ...

I'm guessing the Taliban has a similar point of view and is equally adamant about the 'rightness' of it. The point is, our values are exactly that, OUR values. The problems always arise when we try to impose them on someone else. At what point did it become a God-given right for us to do that? As for me, I always tried to make my children aware of the effect that their actions had on other people, question how they would feel if they were in the other persons position, and then decide (for themselves) whether something was right or wrong. I'm probably biased but I think they turned out pretty well.

Also, I was probably less offended than you guys because I was focusing on J-lo's butt rather than Adam's crotch. Works for me.

chas