Ohhh man where to start on this topic I can't even count the number of dumb sales people I've run into. Actually I take back the word dumb.., and to be more fair., would say "inexperienced" better suits it. Some of these music stores can't find keyboard sales reps and you often find a drummer or guitarist trying to sell you a keyboard. Store owners at times put these guys in a tough spot.

Ok..., let's see. Walked into a very nice store (mom and pop store). They actually had some decent keyboards on display. I went to test one out and was stopped in my tracks by the person working. They guy went on to say "these are very expensive and we ask that customers do not touch them". I laughed soooo hard at this guy. I said "You've got to be kidding me..., how in the heck do you expect to sell a keyboard if a customer can't walk in and play the bloody thing to see if they like it"? He told me "We have a keyboard guy that'll demo them for you". I said OK.., well can he show me a few of the boards. His response.., well our guy is only in once every two weeks..., and I'm not a keyboard player. I laughed at him again and just walked out the door.

I had a guy at Guitar Center trying to demo a Fantom X8 for me. Another classic example of a guitar player who wasn't where he ws supposed to be. This guy was so clueless. I had to show him where the power button was. Not only that he kept calling it an "arranger workstation" and thought the entire arp section was styles with auto accomp. To top it off..., (I'll call this guy an idiot in this case).., he was so clueless that he said "All this great sound is coming from the onboard speakers that project the sound out the rear of the keyboard". This nut had no idea the sound was coming from the really nice keyboard amp on the floor! Ahhhhh.., I had a good laugh with this clown.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.