It's quite simple, Bill. I have never heard the Atelier and G70 back to back live. I have only heard web recordings of both. They sound pretty similar. I can definitely hear the same samples, the same sounds, and often the same kind of styles.

Now, tell me again how YOU managed to hear them back to back...

Did they, for instance, get played through exactly the same sound system, at exactly the same settings? Things that can color your impression in a live setting... I doubt it. You generally hear organs through their own powerful multi-channel multi speaker sound systems, while arrangers will get played through a conventional PA. That is a world of difference, right there...

In fact, the only way to get a true apples to apples comparison of the two IS to have good quality recordings made of both. It takes the sound system out of the equation. And when that has happened (as in Roland's OWN recordings of the Atelier and the G70) it is obvious that there's hardly a lick of difference. Certainly nothing worth paying an extra $15,000 for

I still stand by my assertion that, in person, none of the lame Wersi styles that don't impress many of us in the least wouldn't magically turn into something that DID. As I have said many times, Tiny Tim on a CD doesn't sound as good as Frank Sinatra on an LP When somethings sucks so obviously in the first place, higher fidelity only makes the sucking more excruciating...