Hi,

The automapping (Hypercontrol) works well. There are files included with the board for several different software packages - Logic, Reason, Pro Tools, Cubase and I think Sonar. Ableton Live sets up with no file. Just need to setup the midi settings to Axiom Pro and Hypercontrol and it works great. After installing these files on the PC for your chosen DAW, you plug in the Axiom and it maps most of the buttons including the trasport buttons on the keyboard without doing anything further. The sliders work the knobs all work and you can assign ascii keys for other functions.

The keyboard display is nifty. It displays most of the fuctions being used in the DAW and you can edit those functions from the board itself instead of using the pc keyboard.

Using One Man Band on the mac allowed me to use the Axiom as an arranger keyboard. You can map the ASCII keys on the board to functions like - Intro - Fill ins etc instead of using the pc keyboard. Doing this does makes it like a custom created arranger keyboard. I am not aware of any other arranger software programs for the mac out there. The more I fiddle with this board the more I find it can do.

I will be playing with it more over the weekend and will pass anything new I discover on.

If anyone else has delved further into this board please share your info.

I am not an expert at this, so I am limited in answering questions but I am learning. The Synthbbs has always been a place to go to learn and share no matter whether you are a professional musician or a hobbyist like myself. Hopefully, I will be able to gain more knowledge from those that are willing to share theirs.

Thanks,

-Linda