Quote:
Originally posted by razoo_26:
I hope someday to be able to play half as good as the most inexperienced of any of the performers I have heard.

Well, shades of John Dileo. Such humility....excuse me while I go outside and throw up. Let's see now, you can't play, you can't sing, you can't critique, and you don't have an arranger, but you feel confident enough to come onto an arranger keyboard forum and make a clear declaration about my motives. Must be a wonderful gift.

Quote:
Maybe start a new thread with an alternate format if you have another idea.

Wow, what a novel concept. I can't believe no one else thought of it before now. Hey, keep those unique new ideas coming.

Quote:
Last I would like to thank Cass for the time and effort he puts into the ejam.
Don't get discouraged, any given month will be better than another, let things run there course and (like water off a duck's back) keep doing the ejam every month.

Sage advice, and very inspiring......whoops, hold on, I've got to run outside again..........Ok, I'm back. NOW, let's for once be honest about this whole 'ejam' thing. Without wishing to diminish Cass's efforts on behalf of the so-called 'ejam', the truth is, what is involved is starting a new post once a month (something most of us do anyway) with three song selections for members to submit.....or not. Likely as not, these song choices, no matter WHAT they are, are only going to satisfy 5% of the potentially-posting membership. So the main value of this monthly effort is to try to promote and maintain an interest in sharing member-produced music. The real-world result is usually a pissing contest of one sort or another, general disagreement on song choice or approach, the usual (and very predictable) commentary by DNJ, and (finally) very little music. This thing has become nothing more than a vehicle to castigate members we don't like while praising ones that we do. Nearly 70 posts and only three contain music. In the words of the "REAL DEAL", 'nuff said.

chas