Sunny,

What a timely post. I bought 2 Bose Compact L1s about 5 months ago. I also own a Bose Classic L1. I have not used the Classic on gigs since buying the compacts. Today however I have some spare time and a newly accquired Roland E50 and decided to set up my Bose Clasic L1 with it to see how it would sound.

Well, first the setup time alone with the Classic is a pain compared to both compacts and the sound is just about the same. So much so that few but the very well educated would tell a difference. Second, the Classic takes up much more floor space than the Compact if that is important.

I am keeping my Classic to use at the house with whatever keyboard I have setup at the time(I now have 3 of them). But I only take my compacts out for gigs. I can transport and setup 2 Compacts easier than a single standard size unit.

There is no doubt in my mind that you could technically measure differences between the larger units and the compacts. But few if any of your audience will tell a difference.

Gary is giving very good advice though about tweaking your keyboard's EQ. Once I got that issue resolved the Bose just blew me away. I often have to turn down the bass on both my Classic and the Compacts on gigs.

Good luck and keep us posted. Lots of people here who use Bose speakers and are great about helping.

Hammer